Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Job search?

So I took the plunge and started searching for my first teaching job, a little late, but that's what happens when you're super indecisive like me. Anyway, it has taken me FOREVER just to get everything together I need to apply for anything, holy cow, I didn't know how extensive this process was. But today FINALLY 1 week before school starts I officially turned in two applications, now I'm still waiting on my Washington License and a couple of reference forms from my former supervisors, (yes they have to fill out this whole checklist thing about my teaching skills and send it in to the districts confidentially) and all the districts require it and there is no way around it. Apparently letters of recommendation and phone calls to references just doesn't cut it these days, it was a pain just to get updated letters of recommendation from my references, geez. Anyway, I also had to get my transcripts, freakin IU and charging freakin 10 bucks a piece. Oh, and IU had to fill out this form and fax it and mail it into the licensing place, they got the fax but not the hard copy yet, ugh. Anyway, filling applications sucks big time and I kinda hate that everything is online now, I feel like just a number and not a person anymore, but what can you do. I took so long to finish applying that all the real jobs are gone, there are some little jobs, but no full time teaching, so I'll probably end up having done all this for nothing. Oh, did I mention that I had to get fingerprinted for 70 bucks? Crazy. Oh and its 55 bucks for my license. It's expensive to apply for a job!Even if I were to get an interview or job I'll have to find a daycare or something for Abigail. I really don't think I'll be driving all the way to post and then back again each morning and Vinnie goes in too early to take her, so that's just something I'll have to figure out I guess. I'm thinking about sending in a letter of inquiry and resume to Tutor Time and Mini Skool as well, that way Abigail could be there with me and I'd get a discount, I could do pre-K or something, that'd be alright. I'm really not caring about the money so much as I just feel like I need to do something with my degree, I worked really freakin hard in college and I have nothing to show for it and I would like to get the experience. I actually majored in El Ed because I wanted to be a teacher, so yeah, I want to do it and I get the sudden urge ALL the time, it's crazy, this time I acted upon it, I just wish I would have started sooner, I might have been able to get my own classroom. So, who knows what the future holds for Mrs. Rinas....

No comments:

Post a Comment