Thursday, September 9, 2010

Are you ready for some football?

Oh, you know I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today officially marks the beginning of my favorite time of year, oh how I love football. Yes, maybe it helps that the Colts are consistently good, but they haven't always been that way. When we had season tickets..yes we'd drive all the way down to Indy on a Sunday morning...they were terrible...I'm talking 3-13. It started to get too expensive for our family so we got rid of our season tickets, probably a year or two before Peyton arrived. So be it, they still rule and I'm still excited. Oh, Colts, can you believe they were in the Superbowl last year? Awesome. Anyway, being out in Washington actually makes it a lot easier to be a Colts fan then back at home, you are a total outcast if you are a Colts fan in "Da Region" it's like, how dare you? well, I do dare, sorry, I was brought up a Colts fan and that's just the way it is. Of course Vinnie is a Bears fan bc he still says he's from Chicago anytime someone asks him where he's from (he moved to Indiana when he was 5) I let him get away with it bc he is really proud of it, but it drives me crazy. Anyway, let's just say the last few years haven't been too much fun watching the Bears, and forget that Superbowl that was supposed to be super fun, it ended up being me watching the 2nd half alone with the chicken wings...
Anyway, I absolutely LOVE football season and no other time more than Sunday Night Football. Why you ask? Yes, the Colts are on it quite often (again didn't used to be that way, we'd be lucky to catch a couple games on TV if we were able to tune into the South Bend channel) but the real reason I love Sunday Night Football is because in college, every weekend, my goal was to have ALL of my work done by Sunday Night Football, I'm talking everything, including studying. So, I always did it and by the time the song started, no matter what, the books closed and I relaxed and had no more cares. So, even now, when I hear the song start I get a smile on my face and I am soooooooooooo happy. Oh I can't wait until Sunday, but tonight's game should also be awesome, even though I don't really want to hear about Favre and his stupid ankle and how he's old nor do I want to hear about how the Saints won the Superbowl and somehow saved New Orleans, but if I have to watch on mute, I will.

So here's to football, a true American treasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment