Sunday, January 30, 2011

Getting Started

So, I joined a Montessori at Home group on BabyCenter and it has been really helpful so far. They have recommended the book How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way
So I'm thinking about ordering this book soon to kinda get me started. I don't think I will go hardcore Montessori, because to be honest, it's a little hippie, it was developed a long freakin time ago and I know they have adapted some things, but some of it isn't for me, but I am a believer of mixing what works best for you together as long as it's not conflicting.

I got this for Abigail today (along with a potty and electric toothbrush! we aren't potty training yet, but I'd like her to get to used to seeing and sitting on the potty and if she acts ready we might see, but I have no real intention of doing it until she's ready) Anyway, got this for Abigail: I'm excited to see if she plays with it tomorrow!


I need to get maybe two more bookshelves for Abigail. I'd like to have an official music center shelf, one for books, and one for language/sensory/math skills. Here are some things I'd like to get. I think Vinnie or I could actually make some of this ourselves:

No comments:

Post a Comment